Something sweet with a little spicy flavor along with a tangy sensation, but above all finger licking better version of potato fries. This is Honey Chilli Potatoes.
I have always loved this particular snack, as it offers so many different tastes to you. Specially the ones I ate in Mainland China, Gurgaon. Those Honey Chilli Potatoes were amazing. I was longing for that taste and thus decided to take the whole matter into my hand. In simpler terms, decided to make them at home. 🙂
Below is the recipe I followed.
For Potatoes –
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into fingers like for french fries
- 3 tsp All Purpose Flour
- 2 crushed garlic cloves (I used the powdered garlic, easier to mix in flour)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil
For base sauce–
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli sauce
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 green capsicum (I didn’t used them)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (I didn’t use them too)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp oil
Method : –
- Mix All purpose flour with salt and red chilli powder.
- Add potatoes to flour mix, and coat them evenly.
- Fry potatoes on medium heat till golden. Keep aside.
- In a pan saute garlic and spring onions.
- Add soya sauce, chilli sauce, honey, capsicum and salt.
- Saute them and add fried potatoes and sesame seeds.
- Mix it well and done.
- Serve hot.
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂