Aamras is a famous Indian Mango delicacy. Best thing about aamras is that, it can be eaten as a dessert and also along with Poori or Chapati. It’s the easiest dessert to make and that too with the natural mango taste. No artificial, healthy food if you contain the sugar level. 🙂
And, it tastes Yummy!!!! 😀
All mango lovers, do try out this very simple recipe.
- 2 Mangoes (preferably Alphonso mangoes)
- 4 tbsp Sugar ( Or as per your taste and sweetness of Mango used. I prefer less sweet and used only 2 tbsp)
- ¼ tbsp Cardamon Powder
- 1-2 saffron strands (I didn’t used them, but would prefer using them)
- 3 tbsp Milk (optional, based on the consistency you want)
- Wash, peel, and chop mango pulp.
- Blend mango pulp in a blender, along with sugar and cardamon powder, to a fine puree.
- Add milk to blender, as per consistency desired.
- Check for sweetness too. Add more sugar if required.
- Serve chilled. (you may like to put it in refrigerator before serving)
That’s it. All it took is 10 minutes, and dessert is ready.
You can eat it separately as a dessert or if you like you can top the taste by serving it with vanilla ice-cream.
I have served it with raisins and cashews. It looked awesome and tasted heavenly. 🙂
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂
4 thoughts on “Mouthwatering Monday – Aamras”