- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp sugar
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ tbsp oil
- Mix Flour with Baking Powder, Sugar and Salt, in a bowl.
- Add Yogurt, oil and mix well. Use Milk to make a soft dough.
- Rest the dough for atleast 2 hours.
- Make small round patties with dough and roll it to make into flat elliptical shape (look at the pic for clarity).
- Heat the skillet/flat pan, and sprinkle little oil over it.
- Place Kulcha on the skillet. Brush top of Kulcha with water and sprinkle cilantro leaves on it. (you can also use Kalaunji).
- When top part start making bubbles, flip it over.
- Flip it again after a minute.
- Do this till your Kulcha got that beautiful golden color spot on it.
- Remove it from skillet. Brush with some butter and serve hot.
Kulcha is ready, just keep in mind to cook it on medium heat, so it can be cooked thoroughly without getting burnt. You can use Kalaunji or cilantro for garnishing. Health conscious, avoid the butter at the end. 🙂
Kulcha is best served with Chole, but here I have used them with spicy Matar Daal. I love this combination.
Along with Matar and Kulcha, we have Imli(Tamarind) chutney here.
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂