Omelets are ‘The Best’ when you want to eat, something tasty, healthy and which is quick to make too. I have made Omelets many times and with many different combinations, but so far, Spanish Omelet or shall I say Tortilla is the best, that I have tasted.
It’s mostly known as Tortilla, and in English as Spanish Omelet, just to avoid confusion with the normal Egg Omelet.
Spanish Tortilla is made with Potatoes and Eggs. Onions are a modern addition to this traditional Spanish dish. What makes it stand out from the rest, is its juicy taste, which was missing in normal Omelet.
Enough writing about it, now it’s time to make and eat. So, here we go with the recipe of Tortilla / Spanish Omelet. 😆
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Potatoes, cut into finger shape
- 1 big Onion, chopped
- 1 Green/Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- Salt, as per taste
- ¼ tbsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp oil/butter
- Saute Onions in the pan.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl till they are fluffy. Add salt and pepper.
- Add sautéed onions, green pepper, green chillies to eggs. Mix well.
- Cook Potatoes in a pan with oil/butter, until they are tender.
- Pour egg mixture over the cooked potatoes.
- Cook for few minutes on a low-medium heat, until golden brown.
- Flip and cook from the other side too.
- Cut into triangle/pizza like slices, and serve.
Remember, Egg and Potatoes are the main ingredients, rest is your taste and imagination. You can also use Mushrooms and Peas. It can be eaten hot or cold, and thus it can be a good picnic dish too. 😎
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂