I know. I know, only last week I have posted a Mango Recipe – Aamras, but this is Mango season, and I should be allowed to post more than one. Right??
Also, I am a little biased towards Mangoes. Because, I LOVEEEE them. 🙂
For all the mothers out there, you will agree how hard it is to feed your little ones healthy food. They may eat some of the healthy foods, but not all. Same is with my kids. When it comes to nuts (all of the healthy nuts family), my kids only prefer to eat Cashews, Pistachio and Black Raisins. They can eat cashews with their hands full, but no walnuts and certainly no Almonds. They hate Almonds. :@
So, how to feed them Almonds???
Lets blend them with some other delicious food item.
Yes!!!! That is what exactly I did. I made a delicious Mango Smoothie, with Almonds. A Mango Almond Smoothie. All is well now, in this World. 😀
Here is the recipe for Mango Almond Smoothie.
- 2 Mangoes – chopped (I have used Alphonso)
- 20 Almonds (I soaked them in milk overnight with skin peeled off)
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar (as per the sweetness desired; also depends on the sweetness of mango you have chosen)
- ¼ tbsp Cardamon Powder
- ½ cup ice cubes (as desired by you)
- Blend Mangoes, Sugar, Cardamon, and Almonds in a blender, till smooth.
- Add Ice cubes and blend further.
- Pour them in glasses and serve cold.
- For garnishing you can use almonds, mango pieces, or even mint leaves.
That’s it and Mango Almond Smoothie is ready. You have a tasty and healthy fruit smoothie in your hand in less than 10 minutes.
Kids will be happy to oblige you by finishing up the last drop of this smoothie, and you will be more than happy to see their smiles, stretched from one ear to another. 🙂
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂