Are they tasty? Yes. Are they addictive? Yes.
Are they healthy? No.
So, I devised a new plan. Everytime my kids crave for chips I gave them home baked Veggie chips. They don’t like it as much they loved the ones from the market, but who cares? I am their Mother, and I will feed them what I think is right for them. Mommy Power 😛
- You can use vegetables like Potato, Radish, Zucchini, Carrot or any other of your choice.
- Salt as required.
- Oil to spray.
- Preheat your Oven to 400 F.
- Cut your vegetables in thin slices or in shape of your preference.
- Wash them with water and then rinse thoroughly.
- Sprinkle some salt and let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove excess water, if any.
- Spray baking Pan with some oil and lay your veggie chips on it.
- Sprinkle little salt and try some herbs if you want, like I have used Thyme here.
- Bake for around 40 minutes, or when veggies turn a little crispy.
- Remember, some vegetable need more time in oven so just put them in different pans, if you can, and bake them till they are crisp.
- Let them rest for 2 minutes, and then serve with a dip or chutney.
Simple and healthy recipe.
I have served these delicious veggie chips with Mint chutney. Awesome combo. Try it, you will not regret. 🙂
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂
- Mouthwatering Monday – Shredded Mango Chutney(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- Mouthwatering Monday – Banana Oatmeal Cookies(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- The Best Way to Cook Zucchini and Carrots(borntorununtil.wordpress.com)
- You can’t just eat anything you want during Super Bowl(healthsass.blogspot.com)
- 21 Snacks Under 99 Calories(skinnyms.com)