I love spicy food specially street food, like aaloo tikki, golgappa and Pav Bhaji. Yummy!! Today I am going to share Pav Bhaji recipe which is so simple to make that after making it for the first time, I was so disappointed with myself that why I didn’t tried it earlier 😛
Here is the recipe.
- 6 Pavs
- 2 cups mixed Boiled Vegetables like Potato, Cauliflower, Peas, carrots, beans (you can add or remove any vegetable per your preference, like I didn’t used carrots as they taste sweet)
- 3-4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp Red chilli powder
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp Garam Masala
- 1-2 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala(Mix spices)
- ½ tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1-2 green chilli for garnishing
- Cilantro for garnishing
- Salt as per taste
- Heat butter in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- Add Garlic cloves and Onions till they become translucent.
- Mix Ginger Garlic paste and cook.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Cook on medium heat until the mixture becomes mushy.
- Add spices, chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, pav bhaji masala.
- Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes and then add boiled mixed vegetables.
- Add water as per required consistency and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Mash it properly while cooking.
- You can garnish it with Cilantro, green chillies or butter.
- Serve it with Pav, separately fried on a pan with butter.
That’s it. 🙂
Simple and sweet. If health conscious avoid butter and use less potatoes in gravy.
I have served it with sweet mango chutney and onions.
- Indian masala omelette recipe(telegraph.co.uk)
- Dal Baati Churma(manipalworldnews.com)
- Mouthwatering Monday – Honey Chilli Potatoes(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- What I Miss About India The Most(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)