Something sweet…. something spicy…. what should I have? But, I want something which is both spicy and sweet. 😦 If a little sour, that would be better too.
Here Comes Shredded Mango Chutney. World is peaceful again. 😎
- 10 Big Mangoes(around 2 lbs), peeled and shredded
- 2 lbs Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- Add Sugar, Salt, Garam Masala, Red Chili Powder and Cumin Powder to shredded Mangoes.
- Let is sit for 5 hours.
- Heat the whole mixture on medium for 30 minutes.
- Keep stirring till the sugar dissolves completely and desired consistency is achieved.
- Let it cool and then put in an air tight container.
- Voila! You are done.
Shredded Mango Chutney is best served with Parathas, or Bread. You can also use it to marinate your chicken, or just eat it simply. My kids love to use it as jam on their bread. My hubby enjoys it as a side dish. I just like to eat it, raw. 😛
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂