Egg and Potato fritters, were an experiment turned out good. Just to tell you, all my experiments are not as successful. I tried making raspberry pie last week, which looked like a disaster, although it tasted yummy; but we will talk about my failures sometime later (never). Today we will just make some fritters, with potato and eggs. 🙂
- 2 Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 Spring Onions, diced
- 1 Egg
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp chaat masala
- ¼ tbsp Red Chilli powder
- Except egg, mix all the other ingredients in a bowl to make a sticky dough.
- Roll this mix into small balls of 2 inches and flat them with your hand.
- Heat oil in a shallow pan on low heat.
- Whisk your egg a little to mix yellow part and add a pinch of salt to it.
- Roll small dough balls into egg mixture thoroughly.
- Fry these fritters on low heat, turning them both sides, till they are golden brown.
- Keep in mind to heat on low flame, as egg cook easily so we have to give some time to potatoes for cooking.
- Take them out, and serve with chutney or ranch/dip of your choice.
They should be served hot. Best combination is with tea or coffee. Enjoy this snack while I am off to learn about pies. 😦
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂
- Wednesday Words – Once A Year Baseball(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- Mouthwatering Monday – Honey Chilli Potatoes(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Hummus(potterybarnkids.com)
- Dinner tonight: Cabbage soup with carrots and bacon(thetimes.co.uk)
2 thoughts on “Mouthwatering Monday – Egg and Potato Fritters”