Mathri and Namakpaare are the most eaten snacks in India. My husband love these salty snacks; only problem – It’s not a healthy snack. 😦
To overcome this problem I tried the oven baked method instead of frying them in oil.
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Carom seeds
- ½ tbsp Cumin Powder
- ¼ tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Ghee/Butter
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required for kneading
- Preheat your Oven to 350 F.
- Mix Flour, cumin seeds, cumin powder, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add melted butter/ghee to it and with the help of water knead into a dough.
- To make Mathri, make small balls of dough and place them on baking sheet; just like you do with cookies.
- To make Namakpaare, flatten the dough and then cut it into elongated rectangular shape with the use of a knife.
- Spray some oil and put Mathri and Namakpaare on baking sheet.
- Bake them in Oven for 20 minutes, turn them over and again bake for 15 minutes.
- Oven temperature varies so just make sure that your Mathris are light golden brown and are crisp.
Mathris and Namakpaare are ready to serve. You can team them up with coriander or mint chutney, or ketchup. Best served along with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂
- Chocolate Chip Cookies(thedawnofinspiration.com)
- Buttermilk Scones Recipe(averagebetty.com)
- Thursday Treats – Crocheted Bangle(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- Frolic Friday – Sachin Tendulkar Knows You, Maria Sharapova(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- What I Miss About India The Most(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)