I have found this basic Chocolate Cake recipe which is bang on when it comes to right amount of softness in a cake. I made this cake for my daughter Tisha’s birthday. It was soft and tasty. Kids loved it along with all the guests.
I am not sharing recipe for frosting as I used vanilla buttercream frosting from market.
Here, it goes – a very simple and basic Chocolate Cake recipe.
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1 ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Baking Soda
- ½ tbsp Salt
- 1 cup warm Water
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup vegetable/canola oil
- 1 ½ tbsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your Oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients – sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, mix whisk Egg with water, milk, oil and vanilla extract.
- Combine both and mix them slowly, making it a smooth paste.
- Grease your Cake Pan and pour this mixture on it.
- Bake it for 27-30 minutes.
- Every oven heat is different so check on your cake with a toothpick in the center of cake. Your cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- When cake is done, let it rest on wire rack for a minute or two.
- Let it cool completely before applying frosting.
You can decorate cake the way you like, or just forget about all the fuss, and eat it, the way it is. 🙂
P.S. My cooking is experimental. You will find many similar and different recipes, but the idea is to explore your food and do experiments with it. Enjoy Cooking Experiments and Experiences 🙂
- Carrot Cupcakes(potterybarnkids.com)
- Oatmeal Pancakes(delicioushappens.com)
- Welcoming 2015(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)
- Weird Things Americans Are Passionate About(jcisnowjs.wordpress.com)